Friday, September 15, 2006

Coca Light, por favor

So I am aware that children at a very young age here begin drinking soda. Isa is exposed to soda at all the birthday parties and what not frequently, and she only likes the orange soda. Our foreign friends all just don't keep soda in the house and write it off for birthday parties as inevitable. Usually, they don't even have juice for the kids, just soda.

And many of our friends started drinking coffee and tea at like 3. So their kids do the same.

Knowing this and seeing it are two different things.

I was walking home from school with Isa and a woman at the corner had her 2 yeard old in the stroller, and she was helping him drink straight from the Coca Light (Diet Coke in case you couldn't figure out that difficult Spanish vocabulary) bottle. I think it's like sunset. Academically, I am aware that it happens every day and often is accompanied by beautiful colors, but I'm still surprised when I see it.

Did I just compare drinking Diet Coke to a beautiful sunset????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home